Monday, April 13, 2009

Schedule is out, Pens play Wednesday


The NHL has released the schedule for the first round of the playoffs and the Pens will play on Wednesday at 7 p.m. It can't come soon enough.

The rest of the schedule is as follows:

Wednesday, April 15 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
Friday, April 17 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
Sunday, April 19 at Philadelphia, 3:00 p.m. NBC, CBC, RDS
Tuesday, April 21 at Philadelphia, 7:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
*Thursday, April 23 at Pittsburgh, 7:00 p.m. VERSUS, CBC, RDS
*Saturday, April 25 at Philadelphia, 3:00 p.m. NBC, CBC
*Monday, April 27 at Pittsburgh, TBD VERSUS, CBC

* if necessary

All games other than the NBC games are also on FSN.  Link

Go Pens!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have Versus (that's one of the few reasons to pay $100+ each month to get Verizon FIOS package) so I can see all the games of this series, which I guess is a good thing. But I am a little afraid. During the regular season, except the final home game vs. Islanders, every time I watched a Pens' game, even just a little bit, Pens lost that game. It is true. I didn't count exactly how many times it happened, but definitely it is more than random, which made me very unhappy. Sometimes after not watching for a while, I thought maybe it doesn't matter and then I watched one, Boom! Pens lost. So I really had to resist the temptation. Sometimes even checking scoreboard in the middle of a Pens' game seemed to bring bad luck, so I had to wait until the game was fully over. It was really hard for me, but as I said, it is more important for Pens to win than for me to watch games. I did similarly during Steelers' regular season and only started watching full games during the play-offs. Hopefully it is the same case with Pens here -- that me start watching their play-offs could bring them good luck and carry them all the way to the ultimate prize just as Steelers did!

Faceoffs and First Downs said...

Wow, isn't it amazing how us sports fans have all these superstitions? lol. We have a few ourselves. We're trying to find out some way to get us some Versus and not raise our TV bill. Wish us luck on that one. lol.

How amazing would that be to have the Pens win the Cup after the Steelers won the Super Bowl? :)