Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pens win again


The Pens won their fourth, yes FOURTH, in a row last night beating Tampa Bay 3-1. Chris Kunitz had two goals and Matt Cooke the other in the Pens win. How good does Kunitz look? Exactly what the Pens needed, someone to go to the net and score those dirty goals. He's making Ray Shero look pretty darn good right now. Now we just have to wait and see what else Shero has up his sleeve before the trade deadline today at 3:00 p.m. Miroslav Satan was put on waivers yesterday but still played last night. It should be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. We could sit here and speculate all morning but we'd rather not. We're extremely tired so we're going to head to bed and hopefully make it up to get in on the madness that is the trade deadline. We'll see you later today with, hopefully, good news.



Emtpy Netters' Live Blog  Seth does a great job if you don't know that already and we have nothing to recap ourselves since we couldn't watch the game




Hang on tight, it could be a wild 12 hours.

3 comments:

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

we are on fire!

Itchy said...

I am desperately trying to keep my excitement under control but the fact that the Pens are 6-1-1 since Bylsma took over the reins is making it difficult.

I don't know if it is just me or what but the Pens look like a different team. They're aggressive, they look tough in the 3rd period instead of folding. Kunitz has added an element to their game that has been lacking namely, someone willing to camp in the slot, take the punishment, and pick up the rebound goals. I love what I am seeing!!! GO PENS!!!

Faceoffs and First Downs said...

Greg, we are on fire! And I love it.

Itchy, Kunitz is great isn't he? It's so early but it's so nice to see someone actually going to the net and getting those rebounds. I, as well as many others, have been saying forever to just shoot the puck and see what happens and it's worked well, go figure.

I also agree on the containing the excitement thing. I think after the disappointing months it's hard not to be excited now, but I also think in the back of my mind I'm afraid to get TOO excited.

LET'S GO PENS!